Seafood weekend

Just like so many other that work during the week and have the weekends off I tend to try out new recipes and spend more time cooking on weekends. One great source of recipes is Pinterest which I use almost daily. This weekend we had nice warm and sunny weather in Finland so I decided to opt for something relatively light for dinner. On Saturday I tried something new and made Cilantro-lime grilled tuna with avocado cucumber salsa and on Sunday I opted for a perpetual favorite, Caesar salad with crayfish.

On Saturday we kicked off dinner with our current favorite aperitif ¬ a short G&T made with Tanqueray Rangpur and Fever Tree Elderflower tonic water. For one drink we mix 2 cl of gin with half a bottle (100 ml) of the tonic, add a strip of lime peel and a couple of ice cubes. Very refreshing.

The recipe for the tuna came from here. I followed the recipe to the T except that as we do not have a grill I fried the tuna steaks in a griddle pan which worked out fine. I also made a double serving of the salsa as it sounded so delicious and it certainly was.

Salsa in the making
Tuna steak with avocado cucumber salsa
For the Caesar salad on Sunday I simply placed some romaine salad on a large plate, added crayfish, homemade croutons and parmesan shavings. I always make the dressing myself as it is infinitely better than the store-bought variates available here.

This is the recipe I use for the dressing:
2 small or 1 large egg yolk
1-2 tbsp lemon juice
3-4 anchovy fillets
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1 garlic clove minced
around 1 dl olive oil
black pepper to taste
Put the egg yolks, lemon juice, cut up anchovy fillets, mustard and minced garlic clove in a blender (you can also use a mixer or similar), mix until even and then add the oil in small batches until the dressing emulsifies (thickens). Add black pepper.






I also felt a craving for strawberries this weekend, so on Sunday we had strawberries with chocolate and vanilla pudding for dessert.




Labels: ,